The Voice brought a group of talented singers into our houses, our ears and our hearts and on Channel 9 it was all about the Team, the coach and the vote.
The first season of The Voice is done and dusted now, the winner has been chosen and the contestants are off making the most of their experiences. Before they went off and did that 24 of the best performances were compiled and released by Universal in the form of this CD.
Each of The Final 24 appear on this CD singing a cover song, including classic s like Purple Rain, Wuthering Heights, Evie and Tainted Love together with modern favourites Moves Like Jagger, Mr. Know It All, Love The Way You Lie and Fireflies.
The show was an Australian favourite, my Monday night Twitter feed is testament to that, and these are 24 of the best performances from the season. This CD is going to be a big hit with fans of the show, the voices and the quality of the covers is astounding. I wasn’t one of the millions tuning in to the show every week so I’m not familiar with the performers or the format but I personally would prefer an album of originals – but these covers are definitely worth giving a listen. If you check out the Aria Singles Chart you will see the effect The Voice has had on the charts with a few entries associated with the show.
Rachael Leahcar brought tears to the eyes of millions with her rendition of La Vie En Rose, Lakyn Heperi made the charts with this Big Jet Plane performance, Sarah De Bono belts out Heavy Cross and season winner Karise Eden pours her soul into It’s A Man’s World.
The performers involved in this recording are all talented singers pursuing their musical dreams and The Voice was just one chapter of that journey, the chapter which could offer wonderful new opportunities to the lucky finalists.
Check out this CD, I never watched the show but I am enjoying this CD quite a bit more than I was expecting.
- Ben Bennett – Fireflies
- Viktoria Bolonina – Purple Rain
- Glenn Cunningham – Moves Like Jagger
- Danni Da Ros – Hero
- Matt Hetherington – Evie
- Rachael Leahcar – La Vie En Rose
- Laura Bunting – Wuthering Heights
- Sarah De Bono – Heavy Cross
- Ben Hazlewood – The Only Exception
- Lakyn Heperi – Big Jet Plane
- Carmen Smith – How Come You Don’t Call Me
- Prinnie Stevens – Tainted Love
- Brittany Cairns – Gravity
- Jimmy Cupples – Plans
- Adam Martin – Heartbeat
- Taga Paa – Isn’t She Lovely
- Darren Percival – Shower The People
- Diana Rouvas – Mr. Know It All
- Emma Louise Birdsall – Mercy
- Karise Eden – It’s A Man’s World
- Michael Duchesne – What A Fool Believes
- Sam Ludeman – Not Over You
- Chris Sebastian – Halo
- Fatai Veamatahau – Love The Way You Lie (Part 2)
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!