Second runner up of The Voice Season 1 Rachael Leahcar wants to make a name for herself as a singer, proving to the world that she can do whatever she sets her mind to in life irrespective of her status as 90% legally blind. A condition that helped her relate so well to music and stay surrounded by it growing up.
Rachael can sing in Italian, French and Spanish which is demonstrated on her debut album with La Vie en Rose and Nights in White Satin (Notte Di Luce). Her experience in choirs is evident in her style, even when the track is more contemporary pop.
Bette Midler’s The Rose is a difficult one to cover and I have heard some terrible ones but I think Rachael has done it justice and I quite enjoyed the version, same goes for the Bee Gee’s Words.
The tracks collected on this album are haunting and emotive, serious and soulful. Definitely worth a listen, another great dinner party soundtrack. Lovely to listen to for those times you want to sit back and relax a little.
This is a voice that I can see going far, we haven’t seen the last of Rachael Leahcar. It will be interesting to see what her next offering has in store for us.
01. La Vie En Rose (The Voice Performance)
02. Over The Rainbow (The Voice Performance)
03. Hands (The Voice Performance)
04. Someone To Watch Over Me (The Voice Performance)
05. Nights In White Satin (Notte Di Luce) (The Voice Performance)
06. Smile (The Voice Performance)
07. Shooting Star (The Voice Performance)
08. Coming Home Again
09. The Rose