It seems everywhere we turn these days there’s a reality show… renovations, cooking, relationships, dating and any number of other ones that I just can’t categorise.
Thinking about cooking shows and you have to acknowledge that they aren’t all reality shows with average Jo’s trying to find their fifteen minutes of fame; there are also a wealth of celebrity chef shows taking you inside the kitchen with sought after chefs.
By the sounds of it The Katering Show takes a little bit from all of these shows and adds a personal, and hilarious, touch.
THE KATERING SHOW: SERIES 1 & 2
Fill the void in your life by joining celebrity chef, Kate Mclennan, and her food intolerant Friend, Kate McCartney, as they Cook their way into the food Culture revolution with a series Of vaguely edible recipes!
Watch as The Kates create food intolerant-friendly meals and explore modern culinary trends like quitting sugar, food porn, food trucks and drinking sh*t out of jars! They road test everybody’s favourite culinary moneysuck, the Thermomix, and sample a range of libations like wine, whiskey and kombucha, the hot new drink that combines parasitical fungi with intestinal spasming!
In Series 2, McCartney and McLennan take a Sassy Swipe™ at the over-hyped food trend of Ramen; take the term “Yummy Mummy” way too literally; tackle lactose intolerance, and dedicate an episode to their culinary hero and spirit bosom, Maggie Beer, where they peddle their own noxious version of verjuice. The Katering Show Youtube channel has delivered literally millions of views for Series 1, with the ‘Thermomix’ episode approaching 2M views alone!
Special Feature: Deleted Scenes
Running Time: 130 mins
Rating: MA 15+
We have 5 copies of The Katering Show for lucky winners thanks to ABC.
For your chance to win a copy please tell us in the comments below about your favourite cooking show.
Competition closes 1/08/16 midnight AEST. You must be subscribed to the Beauty and Lace newsletter OR a Facebook fan to enter. Make sure you use a valid email address so we can contact you if you are a lucky winner.
Terms and conditions
– All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
– Prize not negotiable, and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
– One entry per person
– Competition open to Australian residents only
– Entries are only valid if all required fields have been entered. No responsibility accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries.
– All entries become the property of Beauty and Lace. Your details will not be given or sold to any third parties unless required for claiming of the prize.
– We reserve the right to make changes to the prize and competition if required.
– Winners will be notified by email