Step Up 4: Miami Heat is the latest installment of the Step Up franchise featuring hot young dancers strutting their stuff through the streets. As the title would suggest, this installment takes the action to Miami where a local dance crew is threatened with displacement by the development plans of a wealthy businessman. Daughter of said businessman is a gifted dancer who falls for the leader of the dance crew and together they must fight to save the neighbourhood.
So this movie contains a LOT of dancing, as you would expect, and that means lots of dance music!
This soundtrack brings together some huge names currently on the music scene and then brings in the big guns to remix them for an album filled with high energy, thumping tracks with some very distinctive vocalists.
Remixes come courtesy of Ricky Luna, Nick Thayer, and Datsik; and we can’t forget the Party Rock Remix of Live My Life, the track that brings together the Far East Movement, Justin Beiber and Redfoo of LMFAO.
Fergie, Pitbull, Timbaland, Ne-Yo, J Lo, Flo Rida and the list goes on, these are names that we all know, talent that we have seen first hand, and they are joined by many more talented artists that are sure to get your toes tapping and inspire you to get up and show off your moves.
And yes, it’s all music you can dance to but no it isn’t all bass thumping doof doof music. The soundtrack closes out with a gorgeous track by The Cinematic Orchestra called To Build A Home.
- Let’s Go (Ricky Luna Remix) – Travis Barker feat Yelawolf, Twista, Busta Rhymes & Lil Jon
- Live My Life (Party Rock Remix) – Far East Movement feat Justin Bieber & Redfoo
- Hands In The Air – Timbaland feat Ne-Yo
- Bad Girls (Nick Thayer Remix) – M.I.A.
- Get Loose – Sohanny and Vein
- Feel Alive (Revolution Remix) – Fergie feat Pitbull & DJ Poet
- U Don’t Like Me (Datsik Remix) – Diplo feat Lil Jon
- This Is the Life – My Name Is Kay
- Bring It Back – Travis Porter
- Goin’ In – J Lo feat Flo Rida & Lil Jon
- Dance Without You (Ricky Luna Remix) – Skylar Grey
- I Don’t Like You (Nick Thayer Remix) – Eva Simons
- To Build A Home – The Cinematic Orchestra
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!