The Dinner Party double CD is the perfect accompaniment to any dinner party. It has a great relaxing casual background music feel to it. Also the tracks have been mastered specially to ensure that there are no gaps, the recording runs smoothly from one track to another. This will eliminate those awkward silences where something is said right at that moment between tracks when everyone else is silent and someone’s private statement is broadcast to the entire party.
The tracks have been specially chosen to set the perfect mood for all dinner parties and include different sounds and styles to satisfy a wider range of listeners. Disc 1 contains tracks by artists that will be familiar to everyone whether this is the type of music you regularly listen to or not. Included are artists like Tony Bennett, Mama Cass, Dean Martin and Dusty Springfield.
Disc 2 is more uptempo to lift the mood of your party, loosen everyone up a little. Here we are treated to the sounds of George Baker Selection, Billie Holiday, Blue Swede – all of whom were names that seemed unfamiliar but once the tracks start to play it all comes back to you. Included are tracks like Hooked On A Feeling and Little Green Bag.
To complete this CD package and inspire your dinner party creativity there is a collection of 6 recipes in the CD booklet contributed by some of Australia’s most popular chefs and cooks. Maggie Beer has added a recipe for Passionfruit Parfait that sounds delicious, there are also recipes by Curtis Stone and Peter Evans. I’m looking forward to checking some of them out.
So the next time you are looking for a smokin’ soundtrack to accompany your dinner party be sure to check out Lifestyle Food: The Dinner Party.
1. I Left My Heart In San Francisco (Album Version) – Tony Bennett
2. Dream A Little Dream Of Me – Mama Cass
3. At Last (Single Version) – Etta James
4. Old Cape Cod – Patti Page
5. Love Letters In The Sand (Single Version) – Patsy Cline
6. Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Andy Williams
7. Cheek To Cheek (Album Version) – Louis Armstrong,Ella Fitzgerald
8. That Old Black Magic – Doris Day
9. Summer Place – Percy Faith
10. Mambo Italiano (2000 Digital Remaster) – Dean Martin
11. Quando Quando Quando – Engelbert Humperdinck
12. Mack The Knife (Album Version) – Louis Armstrong
13. (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
14. Feeling Good (Album Version) – Nina Simone
15. Son Of A Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
16. Beyond The Sea (La Mer) – Bobby Darin
17. The More I See You (Album Version) – Chris Montez
18. Up, Up And Away – The 5th Dimension
19. Sway (Remastered 2002) – Rosemary Clooney
1. All I Need – [re:jazz]
2. Death By Chocolate – De-Phazz
3. Cry Me A River (Truth & Soul Remix) – Dinah Washington
4. Daydream – Günter Kallmann Chor
5. Daylight – RAMP
6. Rollercoaster Ride – The Whitest Boy Alive
7. Little Green Bag – George Baker Selection
8. California Soul (Album Version) – Marlena Shaw
9. Take Five – Dave Brubeck
10. Sour Times – Portishead
11. Viva Tirado – El Chicano
12. Mathar – Dave Pike Set
13. Speak Low (Bent Remix) – Billie Holiday
14. Hooked On A Feeling – Blue Swede
15. A Long Time – Mayer Hawthorne
16. Let Me Show Ya – Jazzanova,Paul Randolph
17. I Look To You (Tim Fuchs Make Out Mix) – Miami Horror
My blurb went missing… so now I have to bring you a new one. One that is a little broader too.
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years I have broadened my horizons considerably.
I inhale music, hair metal that satisfies my inner bogan is where my musical passion lies, but again I’ve been exposed to lots of different music I wouldn’t normally listen to and have broadened those horizons also.
In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews.
Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS! Reading, writing, speaking, listening – if it’s got words I’m there!