Acclaimed opera singers in their own right both David Hobson and Teddy Tahu Rhodes have a long list of accomplishments to their respective names.
Teddy Tahu Rhodes has done a lot internationally on both the opera stage and concert platform. David Hobson has built an impressive career on the opera stage, concert platform and TV appearances.
The two performers did a one-off duet which was so widely played it became one of the most-played tracks in Australian recording history. It topped the Classic 100 Opera survey and was featured on countless compilation CDs.
With a one-off that took off it’s no wonder the operatic super duo teamed for You’ll Never Walk Alone, the album and tour, which was extremely successful.
The duo are together again for a new album and a new tour – both of which go hand in hand as the album is a Live In Concert filled with laughter, applause and the harmonious combination of Hobson’s tenor with Rhodes’ much deeper bass.
The Deluxe Edition brings together the best-selling You’ll Never Walk Alone and the new Live In Concert Album for hours of operatic fun including extremely well known tracks that you may never have heard performed quite this way.
Live In Concert was recorded in the Melbourne Recital Centre on November 26, 2011.
01. You’ll Never Walk Alone
02. All Through the Night
03. The Holy City
04. Amazing Grace
05. O Holy Night
07. Panis angelicus
08. The Lord’s Prayer
09. Poor Wayfaring Stranger
10. Battle Hymn of the Republic
11. Abide with Me
12. Morning Has Broken
13. I’ll Walk with God
14. Ave Maria
15. The Little Drummer Boy / Peace on Earth
16. Go,Tell It on the Mountain
01. South Australia
02. Ryebuck Shearer
03. Click Go the Shears
04. Waltzing Matilda
05. SCHUMANN Widmung (Dedication)
06. DE CURTIS Non ti scordar di me (Don’t forget me)
07. HANDEL Ombra mai fù
08. BELLINI Malinconia, Ninfa gentile (Melancholy, gently Nymph)
09. Raglan Road
10. Cockles and Mussels
11. Skye Boat Song
12. Loch Lomond
13. The Wee Cooper o’ Fife
14. PUCCINI E lucevan le stelle (And the stars were shining)
15. TOSTI Vorrei morire! (That’s when I’d wish to die)
16. BONONCINI Per la gloria d’adorarvi (For the glory of adoring you)
17. WAGNER O du, mein holder Abendstern (O thou, my evening star)
18. RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN You’ll Never Walk Alone
I devour books, vampires and supernatural creatures are my genre of choice but over the past couple of years, I have broadened my horizons considerably. In a nutshell – I love to write! I love interacting with a diverse range of artists to bring you interviews. Perhaps we were perfect before – I LOVE WORDS!