Take Me Home is the new CD from the 5 amazing Celtic lads that make up the voices of Celtic Thunder. They are Damian McGinty, Keith Harkin, Ryan Kelly, George Donaldson and Paul Byrom
This act is a Platinum seller and Aria Chart topping group that have spent over 45 weeks at the top of the Billboard Music charts since their debut. They even knocked themselves out of top spot with their second CD. Take Me Home is their new CD, also available on DVD, that was filmed at Casino Rama in Canada in April 2009.
Celtic Thunder is a group made up of 5 male vocalists; 4 born and bred in Ireland and a Scot. All of whom started on a musical path from a very young age and are quite acclaimed in their own right. The group is very diverse ranging in age from 18 to 42 and performing songs from the quite traditional to contemporary.
An awesome range of songs which showcases the range of the voices on these very talented men. There are songs that they perform individually and then come together for Steal Away, Green Fields of France and Take Me Home. The ensemble tracks blend their voices to complement each other beautifully.
Some surprising tracks that I really enjoyed were Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do originally by Neil Sedaka but sung gloriously here by the 18yr old Damian. Also Sting’s Every Breath You Take by Ryan is evocative and toe tapping. I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) performed by George is just as upbeat and fun as the original.
There is also two tracks performed by the Celtic Band written by musical director and composer Phil Coulter that strike a very traditional chord within me, that you can’t help but enjoy.
- The Homes of Donegal – Keith Harkin
- Working Man – George Donaldson
- Every Breath You Take – Ryan Kelly
- Belfast Polka/Pennsylvania Railroad – Celtic Band
- Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen – Damian McGinty
- Steal Away – Ensemble
- Because We Believe – Paul Byrom
- Wichita Lineman – Keith Harkin
- Breaking Up Is Hard To Do – Damian McGinty
- Green Fields of France – Ensemble
- Midnight Well – Ryan Kelly
- Appalachian Round Up – Celtic Band
- I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – George Donaldson
- You Raise Me Up – Paul Byrom
- Take Me Home – Ensemble